[rt-users] Difference Between CC: and AdminCC:

Matt Plec matt at nothingreal.com
Thu Jan 17 18:16:48 EST 2002

> How/why do people decide whether a Watcher should CC'd or AdminCC'd?

We've got our Scrips set up so that AdminCCs see all comments + correspondence so we keep
people internal to our organization on the AdminCCs. Then we add others outside the
company to the requestor fields and only send them correpsondence, not comments.

> I'm just setting RT up, but so far I can't see any functional
> difference between these two catagories - what am I missing?

The functional difference depends on how you set up your Scrips. Mainly, it gives you a
way to have different things happen for different groups of people.

> Also, what is a "Transaction" vs. "Correspondence"?

I'm guessing on this one, someone who knows the guts better will probably be more
accurate, but a transaction seems to be any action taken on a ticket (changing owner,
adding keywords, setting status, etc) whereas corespondence is adding correpsondence with
the requestor onto the issue (whether or not that correspondence is emailed out -- and to
whom -- is dependent on your Scrips).

Matt.