[Fwd: Re: [rt-users] Web Access for users?]

Matt Disney matthew.disney at fedex.com
Tue Jun 18 17:39:54 EDT 2002

I opted for the "not everyone gets an account" approach. I use a guest
account from a custom web form for users to create tickets. When a user
goes to the form, if they aren't already logged in, they get logged in
as guest. And guest isn't privileged, but can access all the forms I've
created for ticket submissions.

I'm not sure what your needs are, but that may be an alternative that's
interesting to you. It's not necessarily less work than creating the
passwords, but for my site it was better for the users.

Also, they should be able to login and click on Preferences to change
their password, unless I've missed something.

Matt