[rt-users] no outgoing mail.

Gary Stainburn gary.stainburn at ringways.co.uk
Fri Mar 22 10:23:16 EST 2002

On Friday 22 March 2002 2:51 pm, Darrin Walton wrote:
>   |+ $MailCommand = 'sendmailpipe';
>   |+
>   |+ # $SendmailArguments defines what flags to pass to $Sendmail
>   |+ # assuming you picked 'sendmail' or 'sendmailpipe' as the $MailCommand
>   | above. + # If you picked 'sendmailpipe', you MUST add a -t flag to
>   | $SendmailArguments +
>   |+ # These options are good for most sendmail wrappers and workalikes
>   |+ $SendmailArguments="-oi";
>   |+
>   |+ # These arguments are good for sendmail brand sendmail 8 and newer
>   |+ #$SendmailArguments="-oi -ODeliveryMode=b -OErrorMode=m";
>
> I don't know if you read the entire config file.  Above, it says:
>
> " If you picked 'sendmailpipe', you MUST add a -t flag to
> $SendmailArguments".  Your $SendmailArguments does not contain this.

Sorry, the sendmail pipe was an error.  I tried this to see if it made any
difference - it didn't, even after adding the -t

> Also.  If you're running sendmail 8 and newer, you have to use the second
> SendmailArguements included.

I don't know which version of sendmail emulates, but I tried both of the
example values for Sendmail Arguments and neither worked (with and without
the -t)

> You should read over the entire config.pm.

I have read the entire config.pm, and apart from the bits regarding checking
incoming emails (which I'm none too clear about) I can't see anything I've
missed

There is absolutely nothing in the exim logs to say that it's even trying to
send an email.

As a test, I su'd to apache which is the user that runs the web server and
called exim as I thought RT would and everything worked fine, with the exim
log showing the transaction. The mail actually failed once it got to our mail
server as the sender - apache at ringways.co.uk - doesn't exist)

Has anyone got any other ideas of what I can try?