[rt-users] [netaktiv.com #100] RT email and the ISO-8859-1 characters

Stephane Bortzmeyer bortzmeyer at netaktiv.com
Tue Mar 26 03:36:01 EST 2002

On Tue, Mar 26, 2002 at 09:27:13AM +0900,
 Ben Gertzfield <che at debian.org> wrote
 a message of 23 lines which said:

> You might want to look at my patch for Japanese support in the contrib
> directory; you can use something similar to how I add Content-Type and
> Content-Transfer-Encoding headers.

Thanks for the tip. Do you think we may see an internationalized (I
don't ask for a French localization, I could do it myself) version of
RT soon? Or should I tinker in my backyard only?

> Also, you will want to consider properly encoding the body and headers
> with Quoted-Printable and QP encoding.

Never. I never use QP. Nobody does it in Latin-1-speaking countries.