[rt-users] Breakage on concurrent access?

Sebastian Flothow sebastian at flothow.de
Thu May 2 12:51:56 EDT 2002

At 9:31 Uhr +0200 29.4.2002, Harald Kollera wrote:
>Clearing the browser cache helped in both cases.

We had similar problems with browser caching.
IMHO, this is not the browser's fault, but RT's, since it doesn't add
any HTTP headers to prevent caching.

I fixed it by adding this to the Apache config:

     <Directory /opt/rt2/bin>
         Header set Cache-Control no-cache,must-revalidate
         Header set Pragma no-cache
         Header set Expires "Mon, 26 Jul 1997 05:00:00 GMT"
     </Directory>

This combination of headers works with all browsers I know of. The
first header is HTTP/1.1, the second HTTP/1.0, and the third is for
some stupid browsers.

--
Sebastian Flothow
sebastian at flothow.de