[rt-users] Take and Open

Colleen colleen at darksideproductions.net
Tue May 7 23:49:36 EDT 2002

There was an email about this in January that I'm adding to:

January Email:
http://lists.fsck.com/pipermail/rt-users/2002-January/006237.html

> On Tue, Jan 22, 2002 at 10:14:47PM +0000, Ian D wrote:
> > I tried adding a new subrouting to RT/Ticket.pm. We use Take, then
> > Open very often, and I thought it would be nice to have a quick
action
> > for it. This is the code:
> >
> > sub TakeAndOpen {
> >     my $self = shift;
> >     my $ret = $self->Take();
> >     $ret .= $self->Open();
> >     return($ret);
> > }
> >
> > Why isn't this working when I try to go to
> Ticket.html?id=42&Action=TakeAndOpen ?
> Why don't you just copy WebRT/html/Ticket/Elements/Tabs to
> local/WebRT/html/Ticket/Elements/Tabs and modify the path used to
> generate the URL for the Take link.
> Change this:
>       $actions->{'Take'} =
>          {
>           path => "Ticket/Display.html?Action=Take&id=".$id,
>           title => 'Take'
>          };
>
> to:
>

>        $actions->{'Take'} =
>          {
>           path =>
"Ticket/Display.html?Action=Take&Status=open&id=".$id,
>           title => 'Take'
>          };
>
> Travis

I just wanted to add that people who make this change should also make a
change to their config.pm where "Take" is also present.

In WebOptions there's:

       { Header     => 'Take',
         TicketLink => 1,
         Constant   => 'Take',
         ExtraLinks => '&Action=Take'
         },
change it to:
       { Header     => 'Take',
         TicketLink => 1,
         Constant   => 'Take',
         ExtraLinks => '&Action=Take&Status=open'
         },

--Colleen