[rt-users] Missing Status for Tickets that cannot be resolved

Ruben Schattevoy schattev at biochem.mpg.de
Thu Oct 10 03:39:15 EDT 2002

Alexander Dupuy wrote:
> Michele Hershey writes:
>  > The keyword is [very] different [from] the status.  We have the same
>  > concern as Ruben with our installation. We have ... similar keywords
>  > a[s] Kirrily.
>  > A status that doesn't display the tickets but allows searches to be
>  > performed on them.
>
> In our case, we are also using keywords to indicate that problems aren't
> fixed (even when the ticket is resolved), and I think the only quibble I
> have with this solution is that RT can't require a keyword (or use a
> default value) in the way it does for status.  And perhaps, the ability
> to associate different default/allowed values of a keyword with each
> different status.

I understand that your solution works perfectly. Nevertheless I
have problems in asigning the attribuite "resolved" to a ticket
which is actually "dead" because it's somebody else's problem
and still _not_ resolved. I would prefere a solution with one
more status, say, "garbage". Then I could assign status "garbage"
to tickets which where entered accidentally and assign "dead"
to thouse which can't be fixed by us. Having an extra keyword
indicating the reason for this ticket ending in status "dead"
whould be nice, either!

Ruben