[rt-users] Changing Hostname on RT Host

Drew M. Mooney dmmooney at earthlink.net
Thu Oct 10 23:37:22 EDT 2002

Greg,

Make sure that you've changed $rtname [I'm now sure if there are any
uppercase letters in that variable - but it's one of the first things
you need to edit in /path/to/rt/etc/config.pm

The value that you set this to is what appears on the login screen just
after the 'RT/' & it's what every ticket id on your machine is
referenced to.

Email from your RT box will have [tossed.salad.com #523] in the subject
line once you've made this change AND stopped / started your apache
instance.

Recall from the README and the RTFM that changes to config.pm do NOT get
parsed until you STOP then START apache. A 'restart' or 'kill -HUP' is
not enough to trigger this action. On my box, I do this with:

# apachectl stop
	.
	.
	.