[rt-users] RT & Sendmail error

Daniel Windura dwindura at commverge.com
Mon Oct 14 21:58:39 EDT 2002

Hi,

Is the sendmail using the smrsh shell to run the rt-mailgate (i.e. you
make a softlink of /opt/rt2/bin/rt-mailgate into /etc/smrsh dir)?  If
yes, the error is caused by smrsh won't run a setsuid program.

I did encounter this issue before. What I did to overcome the problem is
to remove the setuid from the rt-mailgate and put the sendmail user in
the rt group so the rt-mailgate will be able to write into rt files.

So the steps are:

1. Remove the setuid from rt-mailgate:
    # chmod 755 /opt/rt2/bin/rt-mailgate

2. Add the sendmail user into rt group (in my case is "mail" and "rt")
    # cat /etc/group | grep rt
    rt:x:4001:mail

Hope this help.

List, any eassier solutions????