[rt-users] MySQL performance

Grant Miller grant at pico.apple.com
Tue Oct 15 18:48:43 EDT 2002

I'm running RT 2.0.14 with Perl 5.6.1, MySQL 3.32.52 on a Solaris 2.6 box.  I
have 13800 tickets in my RT database and it's a little slow at times (15
seconds to bring up a ticket in the web UI).

I noticed that the notes for MySQL in the RT FAQ are somewhat sparse.

Is there anyone getting good performance out of RT running on Solaris?

In the [mysqld] section, I have these variables set:
skip-locking
set-variable    = key_buffer=384M
set-variable    = max_allowed_packet=1M
set-variable    = table_cache=512
set-variable    = sort_buffer=8M
set-variable    = record_buffer=2M
set-variable    = thread_cache=8
set-variable    = thread_concurrency=4
set-variable    = myisam_sort_buffer_size=64M
log-bin

-Grant Miller    grant at pico.apple.com

 Unix Systems Admin, Engineering Computer Services, Apple Computer