[rt-users] RT and other apache stuff

Russ Johnson russj at dimstar.net
Mon Oct 28 19:28:21 EST 2002

* Roderick A. Anderson <raanders at acm.org> [2002-10-28 14:50]:
> I'd like to run some other web server based applications along side RT but
> the install I did was for an RT only install.  I'd prefer to use Apache
> VirtualHosts so I can refer to the sites as rt.mycompany.com,
> otherstuff.mycompany.com, etc.

Yes, it will work. I have several virtual servers running on one apache
installation, rt being one of the above.

I suggest doing hostname based virtual servers, and having a default
server specified too.

Here's the relevant section of my httpd.conf:

<VirtualHost 10.69.1.14>
 ServerName help.xxx.com
 DocumentRoot /var/www/html/
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost 10.69.1.14>
 ServerName rt.xxx.com
 ServerAlias helpfish.xxx.com
 DocumentRoot /usr/local/rt2/WebRT/html
 PerlModule Apache::DBI
 PerlRequire /usr/local/rt2/bin/webmux.pl
 <Location />
  SetHandler perl-script
  PerlHandler RT::Mason
 </Location>
 <Location /chart>
  SetHandler perl-script
  PerlHandler +Apache::GD::Graph
 </Location>
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost 10.69.1.14>
 ServerName bb2.xxx.com
 DocumentRoot /home/bb/bb/www/
 ServerAlias bb.xxx.com
</VirtualHost>

Also, remember to use this line:

NameVirtualHost 10.69.1.14

For further help, I suggest the apache mailing lists.

--
Russ Johnson
Dimension 7/Stargate Online

Random thought #4 (Collect all 17)
"Life does not have to be perfect to be wonderful." - Annette Funicello