[rt-users] Automatic resolve on e-mail

Phil Homewood pdh at snapgear.com
Mon Sep 23 20:03:54 EDT 2002

M B Norton wrote:
> I've been slowly working on this and sure enough the WebUI does something
> beyond simply calling TicketObj->Resolve. The scrip action succeeds in
> marking the ticket as resolved but it's then opened again immediately.
> Looking at the the ticket history I see:
>
> RT_System - Status changed from open to resolved
> RT_System - Status changed from resolved to open

Replace this line in webrt/Ticket/Update.html

DefaultStatus = $Ticket->Status() unless ($DefaultStatus);

with something like

unless ($DefaultStatus) {
       $DefaultStatus = $Ticket->Status();
       if ($DefaultStatus eq "open" && $Action eq "Respond") {
               $DefaultStatus= "resolved";
       }
}

which will make the "Status" dropdown on the correspondence page
default to "resolved" if the ticket is open.

Hack, hack, hack...
--
Phil Homewood, Systems Janitor, www.SnapGear.com
pdh at snapgear.com Ph: +61 7 3435 2810 Fx: +61 7 3891 3630