[rt-users] question about chart in FAQ.

Rob Walker rob at myinternetplace.net
Mon Sep 23 23:03:23 EDT 2002

I just followed the instructions in
http://fsck.com/rtfm/article.html?id=5#183 and had some problems.  I
will present my "solutions" in a response to the article.  I say
"solutions" because this is what I had to do to be able to get the index
to come up, and to get the stats to run.  However, even though we closed
some tickets today, everything shows up as "0".

Statistics 1: How do I install the Cozens Statistics Package?

There are several reporting and statistics packages of various type for
RT2, all of them contributed. Simon Cozens' is one of these, very
simple, with pretty graphs.

Get the package from http://users.ox.ac.uk/~simon/stats.tar.gz. There is
no web page near this location, just get the file directly by name.
Following assumes it is unpacked into /tmp/Statistics.

Install libgd-graph-perl libgd-perl, which may also install some
dependencies (these packages may be called something similar but
different for your Unix; these are the names for Debian Linux
distributions)

Install Apache::GD::Graph. The only distribution of Linux or BSD I have
found to package this is Conectiva. For all other OSs, use CPAN like
this:

   $ perl -MCPAN -e shell
   cpan> install Apache::GD::Graph

 Copy the distributed html files to $RT/WebRT/stats:

<<<
I put them in $RT/WebRT/html/stats, because if I didn't, the bit below
about going to http://rt.example.com/stats.html (which I was only able
to figure out to be http://rt.example.com/stats/ for the redirect to
http://rt.example.com/stats/index.html

   sudo mkdir stats
   cd stats/
   stats$ sudo cp /tmp/Statistics/*html .

Add within virtual server specification (see perldoc Apache:GD:Graph for
parameters)

    SetHandler perl-script

    SetHandler perl-script
    PerlHandler +Apache::GD::Graph

 Make something for /chart to point at:

   sudo mkdir /WebRT/html/chart
   sudo touch /WebRT/html/index.html (dummy)

Change reference to Oxford University in CallsMultiqueue.html

<<<
I looked for Oxford a fwe times, but then came up with the idea that I
was supposed to be looking for https://rt.oucs.ox.ac.uk/

Change all references in *html of
   my $url = $RT::WebURL.'/chart?...
   my $url = '/chart?...

<<<
ok, so I had to go to $RT/WebRT/html/stats/ and edit *.html  A Makefile
would make this a whole lot easier.  :-)

Point to http://rt.example.com/stats.html, which should then give you a
menu from which you can choose the reports.

<<<
I had to go to http://rt.example.com/stats/  Did I do wrong?

After I find that I actually grok what's going on here, I will try to
figure out why I am getting a whole bunch of '0' values for my stats.

rob