[rt-users] Out of office loops

Vivek Khera khera at kcilink.com
Tue Aug 12 11:49:06 EDT 2003

SP> well the lame way of "does subject begin with 'Out of (the )?Office
SP> ((auto)?reply)'" would work unless you expect to receive tickets
SP> reporting problems with the Out of Office system.  Another possibility
 [ ... ]

I see you've never actually thought about this, or tried to detect
them from the wide collection of crap software out there...  It is a
non-trivial problem.  Hopefully, the "Auto-Generated" proposed header
will catch on quickly, and make life easier... but alas, people still
run ancient cc:Mail gateways that don't even do proper SMTP let alone
follow any new standards.