[rt-users] How to create approvals directly?

Todd Chapman rt at chaka.net
Thu Dec 18 14:44:44 EST 2003

We are using RT 3.0.7_01.

In our environment, a ticket would be submitted that
asks for a number of resources. Each resource would
be provided by a different group. I modified the
Relationships part of Ticket/Display.html (which is
the Mason component "ShowLinks" so that when the
heading "Children" is clicked on a new ticket is
created that has the "Parents" field already set.

What I would also like to do is have the created
ticket be an approval. I added Type=Approval to the
link but that didn't seem to work, as the ticket
didn't show up in Approvals/ for the ticket owner.

What am I doing wrong?

I am trying to stay away from the approvals example
in the documentation because it seems to require
creating a ticket in a special queue that would then
run a scrip that creates the approval ticket? Why
create two tickets instead of creating one approval
ticket by directly clicking a link/button?

All comments appreciated.

Thanks!

-Todd