[rt-users] rt2->rt3 problem with encodings.

Ruslan U. Zakirov cubic at acronis.ru
Thu Jul 24 11:14:37 EDT 2003

        Hello.
Synopsis:
    After convertation of DB with tools 1.16 some attachments was not
converted to UTF-8.
Full report:
    Ticket metadata from file generated with script:
no warnings qw/redefine/;
 sub Data {
$VAR1 = {
          'Subject' => 'xxxx in koi8-r encoding',
          'Status' => 'new',
          'Transaction' => [
                             {
                               'Type' => 'Create',
                               'Ticket' => '860',
                               'Attachment' => [
                                                 {
                                                   'Subject' =>
'absolutely same subj',
                                                   'ContentType' =>
'text/plain',
                                                   'Headers' =>
Subject: absolutely same subj
',
                                                   'Creator' => '191',
                                                   'Parent' => '0',
                                                   'Created' =>
'2003-01-30 08:58:00',
                                                   'id' => '2762',
                                                   'Content' => 'Content
in koi8-r',
                                                   'ContentEncoding' =>
'none',
                                                   'TransactionId' => '4564'
                                                 }
                                               ],
                               'Created' => '2003-01-30 08:58:00',
                               'id' => '4564',
                               'Creator' => '191'
                             }
                           ],
{...snip...}

After importing in rt3 db information about ticket was converted, but
attachment content and subject still in koi8-r.
Also when we use web interface all general info in UTF-8, but
attachments in the original encodings(koi8-r or cp1251) and not
visible(in mozilla, IE not tested). I don't uderstand why script don't
convert text/plain attachs.

RT3 conf part about Unicode:
@EmailInputEncodings = qw(utf-8 iso-8859-1 us-ascii cp1251 koi8-r);
# other defaults.
RT3 DB select:
select ContentType,ContentEncoding from Attachments where id = 2762;
+-------------+-----------------+
| ContentType | ContentEncoding |
+-------------+-----------------+
| text/plain  | none            |
+-------------+-----------------+
RT3 DB select:
select ContentType,ContentEncoding from Attachments where id=2762;
| ContentType | ContentEncoding |
| text/plain  | none            |

        Any sugestions about fixing this? I could try additional tests
and coding.
                        Best regards.
                                    Ruslan.