[rt-users] Creating new tickets to go *out* to customers

Anne P. Mitchell, Esq. amitchell at habeas.com
Fri Mar 7 15:01:33 EST 2003

Hi - I'm sorry to be so needy this week - these are all things that
have been ongoing but I never had a forum before to bring our
questions to. This is the last one (this week) - I promise!

Is there any way to create a new ticket such that it is an outgoing
email *to* a customer, but have the customer be the requester, and
not a "cc:", in one step?

Right now we either have to make the customer be a cc:
(problematic as then they become watchers, and so we can't write
confidential comments to the ticket), or we have to do a two step
process - create the ticket with customer as requestor, then *reply*
to it to get the email out to the customer (because when we make
the customer the requestor, they don't receive any ticket body upon
the first submit, no matter what we try).

Thanks to anybody who can help!

Anne