[rt-users] RT2 to RT3 conversion troubles -

Mick Szucs mick at onramp.ca
Tue May 13 12:08:05 EDT 2003

Manually edited t-1007 to remove the ! and ran into trouble at 1075.
But now everything is screwed again.  Get this:

Attempts to run the conversion script again now fail with:

---
Can't modify not in scalar assignment at /opt/rt3/lib/RT/ACE_Overlay.pm
line 539, near ");"
BEGIN not safe after errors--compilation aborted at
/opt/rt3/lib/RT/ACE_Overlay.pm line 883.
---

Wait, it's interesting, I promise.

Line 883 in my newly installed /opt/rt3/lib/RT/ACE_Overlay.pm looks
like:

  !  my %args = ( PrincipalId => undef,

Phantom "!" again!

Here's the output of a diff between the ACE_Overlay.pm in the tarball
and the one that's causing trouble now:

# diff ACE_Overlay.pm /opt/rt3/lib/RT/ACE_Overlay.pm
538c538
<     my %args = ( PrincipalId => undef,
---
>  !  my %args = ( PrincipalId => undef,

Any ideas on this one?  I'm growing suspicious that this is not
specifically a problem with RT, but some rather weird behaviour from
Perl on this machine.  Redhat 9.

I can't think of any reason why the modules themselves should be edited
like this.

Opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Mick