[rt-users] problem with authentication

Phil Homewood pdh at bestpractical.com
Tue May 27 22:00:36 EDT 2003

Rui Miguel Seabra wrote:
>   1) nothing shows up on log even though I have:
>       Set($LogToSyslog, 'debug');
>       Set($LogToScreen, 'debug');
>       Set($LogToFile,   'debug');
>       Set($LogToFileNamed, '/opt/rt-3.0.2/var/log/rt.log');

Have you restarted apache since configuring this?

>   2) users seem to have _serious_ problems
>      a) I can't change passwords (even root's)

What version of Digest::MD5 do you have installed?
Older versions are believed to cause behaviour similar to this.

>         Going back to the root user, I try to see the list of users...
>         The created users _is_not_listed_.

Did you set the "Let this user access RT" and "Let this user be
granted rights" checkboxes on this user?

>         Looking at the database, the user is clearly there. I don't
>         recognise the crypt method, which one is it? It doesn't seem to
>         be md5, but it's not crypt either, so I can't even change the
>         database value "by hand" in order to make tests.

That really sounds like Digest::MD5 bogosity.
--
»|« http://www.bestpractical.com/rt  -- Trouble Ticketing. Free.