[rt-users] Moving RT3 off the web server root

Ryan Conley rconley at equala.com
Wed Nov 5 13:27:36 EST 2003

You'll need to make some changes in etc/RT_SiteConfig.pm as well - RT
generates URLs for some correspondence, and the engine needs to know
where the "real world" can find it.  The server I use RT on is strictly
an internal system, with an IP of 192.168.0.89.  To access the web
interface, users go to http://192.168.0.89/rt (configured in Apache, see

Any URLs that are generated by RT are built using the two pieces of
information below.

# If you're putting the web ui somewhere other than at the root of your
server
# $WebPath requires a leading / but no trailing /
Set($WebPath , "/rt");

# This is the Scheme, server and port for constructing urls to webrt
# $WebBaseURL doesn't need a trailing /
Set($WebBaseURL , "http://192.168.0.89");

For example, when a user submits a ticket, they get an auto-reply with
the ticket number and a URL they can click on to view the ticket's
progress:

That information is formed strictly from the configuration in
RT_SiteConfig.pm.  Any inaccurate information here will only
inconvenience the user - RT will still function regardless of the
information here.

--Ryan Conley
rconley at equala.com
System Administrator