[rt-users] Transaction supression / Tabs

Nick Pleis NickP at cesinc.com
Thu Oct 9 14:17:18 EDT 2003

Two questions.

1) Is there a way to supress a transaction record from being created? I have
a scrip that sets a custom field everytime we correspond with a user (the
'ball in court' thing referenced before), which allows me to build a custom
queue 'home page' that checks this custom field to determine how to display
tickets. The one annoying thing is that a transaction record is generated
every time I do this. Meaning that over the course of just a couple of
months I will have ~15,000 transaction records generated just for this. It's
also a problem because we get a 'custom field changed to xxx' when viewing
the full ticket history, everytime that correspondence is added. It would be
kind of nice to say 'I'm going to change this field, but I don't want any
record of it kept around.. ' in the scrip. Can I do that somehow?

2) I would like to add an extra tab to the tab list. Is there a prescribed
'good' way to do this?

Thanks,

Nick