FW: [rt-users] User could not be created: name in use

RT RT at InterCept.Net
Wed Sep 3 12:45:10 EDT 2003

Delete the user from the RT3 database manually, you should be ok then

Thanks,
Michael

-----Original Message-----
From: Atkinson, Daniel [mailto:datkinson at sevenww.co.uk]
Posted At: Wednesday, September 03, 2003 12:29 PM
Posted To: RT
Conversation: [rt-users] User could not be created: name in use
Subject: [rt-users] User could not be created: name in use

I created a new user in RT earlier today but I hit submit before I'd
filled out all the details - i.e. I only got as far as the username.

The user seemed to have been created, but doesn't appear in the user
list. So, I've tried to create the user again and I get the error: "User
could not be created: name in use". Since the user isn't in the list, I
can't delete him and start again.

I searched the list archive but couldn't find anything about this so any
help is much appreciated!

I'm using RT3 with mod_perl & postgres on debian.

Thanks
Dan.