[rt-users] Permissions on RT Config files

Dave Brooks, BCS Systems dave at bcs.co.nz
Fri Sep 26 05:04:52 EDT 2003

At 20:37 26/09/2003, Harald Wagener wrote:
On Thu, Sep 25, 2003 at 09:36:16PM +1200, Dave Brooks, BCS Systems wrote:
>> > The '-f' test in RT.pm was finding the file, however the 'require' was
>> > failing. Setting world read permissions fixed things.
>>[snip]
>> > Can anyone offer an explanation? Apache is running as nobody/nobody.
>>

>>What are the right settings? What should I be checking?
>
>You could see if a 'make fixperms' in the rt installation directory helps.
>This checks all the files and permissions and should set them accordingly.

This does:

chown -R root //usr/local/rt3/etc
chgrp -R rt //usr/local/rt3/etc
chmod 0550 //usr/local/rt3/etc/RT_Config.pm
chmod 0550 //usr/local/rt3/etc/RT_SiteConfig.pm

which means that RT.pm won't be able to read the files when running as
'nobody'. Is this intended? Shouldn't it be set to 0555 ??

Thanks,

Dave