[rt-users] Date/Time Display

Ian Daniel ian at remstar-computing.co.uk
Thu Dec 16 14:29:49 EST 2004

Hi,

	Ok, I've looked at this and have decided not to waste any more time.
There is a Attributes table in the database that has no data in it at
all so I don't see how it relates to the User in any way. Everything
else about the user is stored in the user table, language, name,
nickname, password etc etc. so I don't really see why something like a
Timezone can't go there, it's way more useful than the fact someone
might call you "Chip".

	The major stumbling block I seem to have hit is the fact that your
Timezone code doesn't actually appear to work. I can set it to
anything, I get GMT, not actually a big deal in England but we wanted
to use this remotely from Boston and Canada. I simply can't see how you
use Timezones in your code, there's a passing nod to them in Date.pm,
but I can change the Timezone in the RT_SiteConfig.pm  file to anything
(and I mean anything) I still get GMT. I can set it to US/Eastern I get
GMT displayed in my browser. I get GMT when I create a ticket.

	Now I'm obviously missing something here ..... but I can't find it and
without any real supporting documentation for it I'm never going to
find it. But what the hell, it's not like I paid for it so if someone
implements the functionality I'll be really happy.

Regards,

--Ian