[rt-users] Tracking vendor requests

Bill Gerrard bill at daze.net
Fri Feb 6 04:36:12 EST 2004

> > It would be really cool if we could do this all in one step, i.e. create
> > the request and send the response.  Any ideas on how to tackle it?
>
> Use the AnyTransactionSource Scrip Condition to differentiate betweeen
> externally crated tickets (send autoreply) and internally created ones
> (send correspondence).  Works like a charm, and users *love* it (in
> particular if you use it to fix the default correspondence breakage as
> well 8-).

Thanks.  Now I just need to find some time to think about this and figure
out exactly what I need to do to use it (where to install, etc.).  If I get
stuck, you will hear from me.

P.S. I found your post from Jan 2003 on the subject and now know what you
mean by the default correspondence breakage.  It's quite insteresting that
we just encountered that problem four days ago for what I think was the
first time and we've been running RT3 since 3.0.0 came out.

It will be cool to fix it too with this change.  It would be nice to see
AnyTransactionSource included in the official release of RT.