[rt-users] Re: Requester Groups

Espen Wiborg espenhw at empolis.no
Tue Feb 10 04:20:30 EST 2004

seph <seph at directionless.org> writes:
>> Is it possible to add someone to a group without making the user
>> privileged?
> That's what priviledged is defined to mean, "can be added to groups"

Eh?  From a) my understanding of the word and b) the way RT handles
users by default "privileged" means "may be granted rights" (and,
incidentally, "will be shown the standard interface instead of
SelfService).

To answer the original question:

copy </path/to/rt3>/share/html/Admin/Elements/SelectNewGroupMembers to
</path/to/rt3>/local/html/Admin/Elements/SelectNewGroupMembers (you
may have to create the path) and comment out the line:

$users->LimitToPrivileged();

This lets you add unprivileged users to groups.

We use this to control queue access for our customers, but we haven't
yet implemented a way to let all users at a customer see all tickets
requested by that customer (as we haven't really had a need to).

--
Espen Wiborg <espenhw at empolis.no>
There are more chickens than people in the world.