[rt-users] Installation help required.

Dermot Williams dermot_w at irishbroadband.ie
Fri Feb 27 06:57:10 EST 2004

Hi,

For the past day or two, I've been struggling with RT. Installation goes
fine, but whenever I try to connect to the Apache server that is hosting
RT using my browser, I get a 500 error and the following line appears in
my Apache log:

DBI connect('dbname=rt3;host=localhost','root',...) failed: Access
denied for user: 'root at localhost' (Using password: YES) at
/usr/local/share/perl/5.8.2/DBIx/SearchBuilder/Handle.pm line 132
[Fri Feb 27 12:28:12 2004] [error] Connect Failed Access denied for
user: 'root at localhost' (Using password: YES)
 at /opt/rt3/lib/RT.pm line 149

I've done everything I can to track down the problem and can't. RT
should be connecting to my database as rt_user, not root and I can find
no mention of root in relation to the database anywhere in the configs.

Any help on this would be much appreciated.

Regards,

Dermot Williams
Technical Support Engineer
Irish Broadband Internet Services