[rt-users] Newer SearchBuilders & sort order - FYI

Ben Goodwin ben at atomicmatrix.net
Tue Jan 6 10:27:02 EST 2004

I can't find my original messages (they may be on the list archives) regarding SearchBuilder versions > 0.88 where my front list of tickets would change order due to the addition of a DISTINCT in the SELECT clause.  MySQL returns the list in a 'nonsensical' order when the order is set to 'priority' and all the ticket priorities are the same.  I've gotten around this by changing the order statement in share/html/Elements/MyTickets

from

$MyTickets->OrderBy(FIELD => 'Priority', ORDER => 'DESC');

$MyTickets->OrderByCols({FIELD => 'Priority', ORDER => 'DESC'},
                        {FIELD => 'id',       ORDER => 'ASC' });

Other Elements need touching up as needed, too.

    -=| Ben