[rt-users] customize size of HTML dialog boxes

Sean Perry sean.perry at intransa.com
Tue Jan 6 10:57:28 EST 2004

John Schubert wrote:

> On Tue, 2004-01-06 at 15:10, Theodore Knab wrote:
>
>>Is there a special way to modify the size of dialog boxes on RT ?
>>
>>Or do I just go and modify the HTML directly ?
>

> Modify the HTML directly.  I would also suggest creating a copy of  the
> original beforehand, just as a precaution (e.g. "cp Create.html
> Create.last.working.html")

It is even easier than that.  Under $PREFIX/rt/local/html make a
directory to mimic the standard one (in this case local/html/Ticket/)
and copy Create.html there.  You can now make local changes that will
survive upgrades and you always have the original to fall back on.

When you upgrade RT all you have to do is diff the local/* against the
new files, merge in any changes, and move on.