[rt-users] customize size of HTML dialog boxes

Michael S. Liebman m-liebman at northwestern.edu
Tue Jan 6 10:56:56 EST 2004

On Tue, Jan 06, 2004 at 07:24:29AM +0000, John Schubert wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-01-06 at 15:10, Theodore Knab wrote:
> > Is there a special way to modify the size of dialog boxes on RT ?
> >
> > Or do I just go and modify the HTML directly ?
>
> Modify the HTML directly.  I would also suggest creating a copy of  the
> original beforehand, just as a precaution (e.g. "cp Create.html
> Create.last.working.html")

Not exactly. You need to pass the appropriate argument to the
Elements/MessageBox component from the Ticket/Create.html
component. Even better than making a copy in the share directory is
using Mason's local directory feature. Copy
/path/to/rt3/share/html/Ticket/Create.html to
/path/to/rt3/local/html/Ticket/Create.html and Mason will Do The Right
Thing and use your locally modified version. The local copy shouldn't
get blown away during an upgrade.

Michael

Michael S. Liebman                      m-liebman at northwestern.edu
                  http://msl521.freeshell.org/
"I have vision and the rest of the world wears bifocals."
        -Paul Newman in "Butch Cassidy & the Sundance Kid"