[rt-users] RT3 is spawning 2 additional processes every time something is done

Frank Saxton frankie at easyrider.com
Fri Jan 9 21:26:21 EST 2004

I'm not certain what actually fixed it, but reducing the time_wait value
from 8 hours to 5 minutes certainly helped.

This is a dual 2.5 GHz Pentium Linux server with 1 Gig of RAM (soon to be
upgraded to 2 Gig).  Rarely see much swapping and the load average runs
about 1.0 most of the time.

Not able to view your my.cnf example which came across as an exe file.  I
seem to be running fairly well now (Thanks especially to Ben!!!! Thank you,
thank you, thank you!) but I'm sure mysqld could stand some tuning.

This has been my first experience with this forum and you guys have been
awesome!