[rt-users] Ticket creation fails - sequences borked after export RT2 (MySQL) toRT3 (Oracle) ??

Phil Homewood pdh at snapgear.com
Mon Mar 1 22:39:57 EST 2004

Darren Nickerson wrote:
> I'm not certain how many of these look suspicious, but clearly the
> TICKETS_SEQ is wrong. So I dropped that sequence, and created a new one with
> an initial of 4000, well clear of my last ticket. I mailed RT, and this time
> a ticket was at least partly created! *happy dance* I got three emails from
> RT - an autoreply as the creator, a notification of the new ticket as the
> watcher, and finally a message from RT saying the ticket creation had
> failed, even though the previous messages clearly indicated ticket 4000 was
> partly born. One odd thing I did notice ... both the autoreply and the
> message to the watcher said 'this ticket has no content'.

At the very least, your Attachments, Transactions and Users
sequence needs updating, too. There will be others. But I
don't speak Oracle, so I'm not sure of the best way to fix
them all...
--
Phil Homewood, Systems Janitor, http://www.SnapGear.com
pdh at snapgear.com Ph: +61 7 3435 2810 Fx: +61 7 3891 3630