[rt-users] Ticket creation fails - sequences borked after exportRT2 (MySQL) toRT3 (Oracle) ??

Darren Nickerson darren at dazza.org
Sun Mar 7 23:43:50 EST 2004

Phil Homewood wrote:
> Darren Nickerson wrote:
> > I'm not certain how many of these look suspicious, but clearly the
> > TICKETS_SEQ is wrong. So I dropped that sequence, and created a new one
with
> > an initial of 4000, well clear of my last ticket. I mailed RT, and this
time
> > a ticket was at least partly created! *happy dance* I got three emails
from
> > RT - an autoreply as the creator, a notification of the new ticket as
the
> > watcher, and finally a message from RT saying the ticket creation had
> > failed, even though the previous messages clearly indicated ticket 4000
was
> > partly born. One odd thing I did notice ... both the autoreply and the
> > message to the watcher said 'this ticket has no content'.
>
> At the very least, your Attachments, Transactions and Users
> sequence needs updating, too. There will be others. But I
> don't speak Oracle, so I'm not sure of the best way to fix
> them all...

Just to let folks know where this ended up, I did have to drop and recreate
a lot of the sequences manually. Basically, if the new sequence was
currently at zero, and the new sequence seemed to relate to one of the
tables in RT2's schema (as seen from 'show tables'), then I ran the
following query in MySQL:

Select max(id) from Table;

I used the result, incremented by 1, as the start value for the Oracle
sequence (had to drop and recreate each one manually).

I have a problem with truncated binary attachments now, but I'll post that
in a new thread.

-Darren