[rt-users] Banner does show under SSL

Leon Sonntag leon at iwa-solutions.com
Fri Mar 12 17:59:29 EST 2004

Well I finally got RT 3.06 runnning under SSL on my RedHat 8 box.  I seem
to recall before hearing something abt that having to do with name
resolution.  But when looked thru the archives I came up empty.
My Apache CONF file looks like:
<Virtualhost rt.server.com:443>
ServerName rt.server.com
ServerAdmin root at server.com
DocumentRoot /opt/rt3/share/html
ErrorLog logs/rt/error_log
TransferLog logs/rt/access_log

SSLEngine on
SSLCipherSuite ALL:!ADH:!EXPORT56:RC4+RSA:+HIGH:+MEDIUM:+LOW:+SSLv2:+EXP:+eNULL
SSLCertificateFile /etc/httpd/conf/ssl.crt/rt.server.com.crt
SSLCertificateKeyFile /etc/httpd/conf/ssl.key/rt.server.com.key
SSLCertificateChainFile /etc/httpd/conf/ssl.crt/ca.crt

SSLOptions +FakeBasicAuth +ExportCertData +CompatEnvVars +StrictRequire
<Files ~ "\.(cgi|shtml|phtml|php3?)$">
     SSLOptions +StdEnvVars
</Files>
PerlModule Apache2 Apache::compat
PerlModule Apache2 Apache::DBI
PerlRequire /opt/rt3/bin/webmux.pl
<Directory /opt/rt3/share/html>
SSLOptions +StdEnvVars
   Order allow,deny
   Allow from all
   Options All
   AllowOverride All
   AddDefaultCharset UTF-8
   <Files *.html>
     SetHandler perl-script
     PerlHandler RT::Mason
   </Files>
</Directory>
<Directory /opt/rt3/share/html/Ticket/Attachment>
SSLOptions +StdEnvVars
   SetHandler perl-script
   PerlHandler RT::Mason
</Directory>
<Directory /opt/rt3/share/html/SelfService/Attachment>
SSLOptions +StdEnvVars
   SetHandler perl-script
   PerlHandler RT::Mason
</Directory>
<Directory /opt/rt3/share/html/REST>
SSLOptions +StdEnvVars
   SetHandler perl-script
   PerlHandler RT::Mason
</Directory>
</VirtualHost>

Not sure what part of RT_SiteConfig is needed for diagnosing

Would certainly appreciate an assist on this last little hump.

Most anything is easy after you've done it successfully a few times

Leon Sonntag
Innovative Web Applications
leon at iwa-solutions dot com