[rt-users] Banner does show under SSL

Cerion Armour-Brown cerion at terpsichore.ws
Sat Mar 13 01:26:06 EST 2004

Did you rem to set "WebBaseURL" to https in RT_SiteConfig.pm?
The name resolution stuff was just that you can't have multiple ssl virtual
hosts, 'cos the ssl handshake happens before the hostname is resolved...

Your httpd.conf looks a little complex... try the changes below
(I have ssl working, also 'requiring' client certificates - lemme know if you
want that configuration too)
Cerion

On Friday 12 March 2004 23:59, Leon Sonntag wrote:
> Well I finally got RT 3.06 runnning under SSL on my RedHat 8 box.  I seem
> to recall before hearing something abt that having to do with name
> resolution.  But when looked thru the archives I came up empty.
> My Apache CONF file looks like:

# You don't need/want the servername in the VH directive.
> <Virtualhost *:443>
  ServerName rt.server.com:443   # port not _necessary_ here, but better.
> ServerAdmin root at server.com
> DocumentRoot /opt/rt3/share/html
> ErrorLog logs/rt/error_log
> TransferLog logs/rt/access_log
>
> SSLEngine on
> SSLCipherSuite
> ALL:!ADH:!EXPORT56:RC4+RSA:+HIGH:+MEDIUM:+LOW:+SSLv2:+EXP:+eNULL
> SSLCertificateFile /etc/httpd/conf/ssl.crt/rt.server.com.crt
> SSLCertificateKeyFile /etc/httpd/conf/ssl.key/rt.server.com.key
> SSLCertificateChainFile /etc/httpd/conf/ssl.crt/ca.crt
>
> SSLOptions +FakeBasicAuth +ExportCertData +CompatEnvVars +StrictRequire
> <Files ~ "\.(cgi|shtml|phtml|php3?)$">
>      SSLOptions +StdEnvVars
> </Files>
> PerlModule Apache2 Apache::compat
> PerlModule Apache2 Apache::DBI
> PerlRequire /opt/rt3/bin/webmux.pl

   AddDefaultCharset UTF-8

   <Location />
      SetHandler perl-script
      PerlHandler RT::Mason
   </Location>

<Directory /opt/rt3/share/html>
#   SSLOptions +StdEnvVars # the 'Files' directive does this already
   Order allow,deny
   Allow from all
#    Options All   # sure you want this?
#    AllowOverride All  # and this?
#   AddDefaultCharset UTF-8  # I put this above...
#    <Files *.html>                  # and this I put in the <Location />
#      SetHandler perl-script
#      PerlHandler RT::Mason
#    </Files>
</Directory>

# The rest shouldn't be necessary.

# <Directory /opt/rt3/share/html/Ticket/Attachment>
# SSLOptions +StdEnvVars
#    SetHandler perl-script
#    PerlHandler RT::Mason
# </Directory>

# <Directory /opt/rt3/share/html/SelfService/Attachment>
#    SSLOptions +StdEnvVars
#    SetHandler perl-script
#    PerlHandler RT::Mason
# </Directory>