[rt-users] field seperator used in ExtractCustomFieldValues

Fronenbroek, Kick kfronenbroek at chello.com
Wed Mar 17 06:01:26 EST 2004

Hello,
As far as I know, the ExtractCustomFieldValues Scrip uses solely the pipe
sign as field seperator.
       my ($CustomFieldName,$InspectField,$MatchString,$PostEdit,$Options) =
split(/\|/);

A regular expression like the following will fail:
   .*\@(?:chello\.(?:nl|be|fr|at|cz|pl|com|hu|no|se|sk)|surfer\.at)

Is there a trick here to escape the pipe signs in the reg.exp. so that the
standard ExtractCustomFieldValues Scrip can be used ?

Easy answer is to adjust the ExtractCustomFieldValues.pm file with a
different field seperator, but can imagine I am not the first one hitting
this limitation (assuming I am not missing something obvious).

Thanks in advance,
Kick