[rt-users] Mail setup and template localization

Helmut Lichtenberg heli at tzv.fal.de
Wed Mar 17 07:36:29 EST 2004

Hi all,
after fiddeling around some days as an rt-newbie I would now ask for
some help to increase my learning curve.

I (currently) have mainly two questions:

1. mail setup
   According to the docs (Draft, April 13, 2003; perldoc rt-mailgate):
   "Note that you don't have to run your RT server on your mail server,
   as the mail gateway will happily relay to a different machine."

   If I install rt on server A and the mail gateway for our LAN is
   server B, does this mean that I also have to install the program
   rt-mailgate (and the needed perl modules to make it happy) on
   mailserver B? Does it work standalone without the rt installation on
   B?

2. localizing templates
   What is the most appropriate method to localize the templates? When I
   create a new ticket in my nicely localized rt-webinterface, I get the
   autoreply template in english.
   As we have a multilingual environment in our research institute I
   don't simply want to change this template via the web interface
   (Configure->Global->Templates) into another language. Every user
   should get his localized template according to his configured
   language.

Or did I get some configuration details completely wrong?

Thanks in advance
Helmut