[rt-users] showing custom fields in list view

Kurt Yoder kylist at shcorp.com
Mon Mar 22 12:04:54 EST 2004

Hello all

I have been looking for a way to show the contents of custom fields in my list
view using RT 3.0.6. I already figured out how to customize the Mason
templates, but am having some trouble referring to information about custom
fields. Specifically, I will need to check that a given set of tickets all
have a specific custom field. I *could* manually iterate through the whole
list of tickets and build a list, but this seems extremely inefficient. I'm
guessing there are already built-in functions to allow these kinds of
operations in an efficient, easy-to-use manner?

I looked around in the mail archives and google and saw a few hints of people
working on the same type of problem. However, none of this information was
sufficient for me to "take it from there". I looked through the source, but
must confess to not being that familiar with the more advanced approach it
takes, so that didn't help me too much either.

Can someone please point me to some documentation which explains how to work
with the custom fields? Any hints would be much appreciated. Thanks in
advance.

--
Kurt Yoder
Sport & Health network administrator