[rt-users] Attachments Truncated When Retrieved From Oracle?

Darren Nickerson darren at dazza.org
Mon Mar 22 18:19:50 EST 2004

Don,

We burned may hours troubleshooting that one, but managed to track it down.
See:

      http://lists.fsck.com/pipermail/rt-users/2004-March/021397.html

You could edit Handle/Oracle.pm directly, or use the fix Jesse suggested he
was going to commit, which was:

"Setting this to what RT wants in RT::Handle seems to make sense:

in RT::Handle, you'll see:

     if ($RT::DatabaseType eq 'Oracle') {
         $ENV{'NLS_LANG'} = ".UTF8";
     }

     $self->SUPER::Connect(
              User => $RT::DatabaseUser,
              Password => $RT::DatabasePassword,
             );

Try adding:

     $self->dbh->{LongReadLen}= $RT::MaxAttachmentSize;

just after that." (end quote from Jesse)

Hope that helps!

-Darren

--
Darren Nickerson