[rt-users] Allowing a 'group' of customers to see certain ticketsin a queue

Ruslan U. Zakirov cubic at acronis.ru
Fri Mar 26 06:08:32 EST 2004

Oliver Marx wrote:
> Dear List,
>
> We have the following problem:
>
> User_A is user_a at company1.com
> User_B is user_b at company1.com
> User_C is c_user at another_company.com
>
> User_A sends in a ticket - #1
> User_C sends in a ticket - #2
> User_B sends in a ticket - #3
>
> Both User_A and User_B should be able to see ticket
> #1 and ticket #3 but  _not_ ticket #2.
>
> User_C should be able to see ticket #2, but not
> tickets #1 and #3.

Yes this is possible. ACL scheme give you ability to implement it, but
may be different solutions. I can imagine one:
1)
Write small script which automaticaly create groups by user's domains,
something like:
	Create group 'company1_com'
	Select users where emailaddress =~ /^[^@]+\@company1\.com$/
		For each user from select
			add user into group 'company1_com'.

Write scrip which on create add such "domain" group as ticket cc
watcher. choose "domain" group by requestor domain.

Grand wished rights to cc watchers role. Vualya. Magic. This work.

2) May be personal groups. I don't use it. And don't know features a lot.