[rt-users] Re: InnoDB questions

Rick Ellis Richard.Ellis at Sun.COM
Wed Mar 31 02:56:09 EST 2004

Hi Brent,

Not dumb questions at all

RT is using Innodb tables. We have observed on several occasions now
that even shutting down mysql cleanly, using mysqladmin shutdown, the
Innodb files sometimes get corrupted, resulting in us losing all data. I
now do a mysqldump every hour because I have no faith in the database
back-end.

These dumps have been used in anger to recover everything up to the last
save and get us up and running quickly.

We are using the settings from the .cnf files, customised to the two
machines RT is running on.

Hope this helps.

Rik

Message: 7