[rt-users] Re: InnoDB questions

Michael S. Liebman m-liebman at northwestern.edu
Wed Mar 31 11:13:54 EST 2004

On Wed, Mar 31, 2004 at 08:56:09AM +0100, Rick Ellis wrote:
> RT is using Innodb tables. We have observed on several occasions now
> that even shutting down mysql cleanly, using mysqladmin shutdown, the
> Innodb files sometimes get corrupted, resulting in us losing all data.

That's not right at all. A clean shutdown should flush the InnoDB logs
and finish writing the data file. Even on a dirty stop of MySQL,
InnoDB should reconstruct the last few transactions from the log
files. I haven't had problems like this on either Win32 or
Redhat/Fedora with InnoDB tables. What version of MySQL are you
running?

> We are using the settings from the .cnf files, customised to the two
> machines RT is running on.

Which sample file? How does the sample file compare relative to the
memory in the machine (i.e., did you choose the my-huge.cnf and you
have 2 GB of RAM)?

Michael
Michael S. Liebman                      m-liebman at northwestern.edu
                  http://msl521.freeshell.org/
"I have vision and the rest of the world wears bifocals."
        -Paul Newman in "Butch Cassidy & the Sundance Kid"