[rt-users] Scripted user creation

Jeremy Baumgartner baumgart at cae.wisc.edu
Wed Mar 31 12:13:57 EST 2004

Given:
 A list of users and what groups they should be in.

We want:
 Automatic creation/disabling of RT users according to the list of users
 Automatic addition/deletion of users from groups according to lists

I've written a perl script to handle all the work of doing this, so we
can run it every so often to generate accounts for new hires and disable
for those leaving.  I'm using code from the script pointed to in the
wiki: http://www.bestpractical.com/pub/rt/contrib/3.0/Other/rtadduser
Unfortunately, it does not work.  I recieve no errors, but nothing is
changed in RT.  No users are created, and no users are disabled.

Using:
 RT 3.0.10pre1
 Solaris 8
 Apache