[rt-users] Re: SiteConfiguration problems (fixed)

Stephen Hancock sh.hancock at gmail.com
Tue Nov 30 11:56:08 EST 2004

On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 23:51:48 -0500, Stephen Hancock
<sh.hancock at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am having a very tough time getting the basic configuration correct.
> I get the login screen but the graphics do not show and the bottom of
> the initial page (for adding users) is missing.
>
> I am on Fedora Core 3, apache 1.3.33 and RT 3.2. Mod_perl is comiled
> into Apache statically.

My problem was the lack of documentation on exactly what was needed in
the settings, coupled with misleading error messages. The error I was
getting indicated that the problem was in my Apache configuration. It
was not.

I finally got the application configured with:

RT_SiteConfig.pm

Set($rtname , "my.domain.com");
Set($Organization , "domain.com");
Set($DatabasePassword , 'new_password');
Set($DatabaseName , 'rt3');
Set($WebPath , "");
Set($WebBaseURL , "http://rt3.domain.com:80");
Set($WebURL , $WebBaseURL . $WebPath . "");
Set($WebImagesURL , $WebPath . "/NoAuth/images");

HTTPD.CONF

<VirtualHost 192.168.1.100:80>
    ServerName rt3.domain.com
    DocumentRoot /usr/local/rt3/share/html
    AddDefaultCharset UTF-8

    PerlModule Apache::DBI
    PerlRequire /usr/local/rt3/bin/webmux.pl

	<Location />
		SetHandler perl-script
		PerlHandler RT::Mason
	</Location>
</VirtualHost>
RT_SiteConfig.pm

rt3.domain.com is defined in hosts for access behind our intranet.