[rt-users] SelectOwner Extremely slow

Stephen Turner sturner at MIT.EDU
Wed Apr 6 12:24:45 EDT 2005

At Wednesday 4/6/2005 11:57 AM, Meo, Anthony wrote:

>I have been experiencing some staggering slow downs in RT.  Specifically
>in the Ticket Search Build page and the New Ticket page.
>
>I did not experience this on our test server, but once into the production
>environment, this problem began to show.  When SelectOwner Element is
>used, loading a new ticket page or Ticket Search Build can take upwards of
>3 minutes.  Commenting the line out that calls that element, knock the
>time down to 1 second or less.  So this IS the culprit.  There is no doubt.

There was some discussion of this on the list a month or so back - it
seemed to me this had slowed down considerably in the 3.4 releases. Our
solution has been to replace the drop-down list with a text input field.
 From a usability standpoint it seemed easier to type in part of a username
than to pick from a very long list.

Steve

Stephen Turner
Senior Programmer/Analyst - Client Support Services
MIT Information Services and Technology (IS&T)

sturner at mit.edu