[rt-users] all users too much permissions

Andy Harrison aharrison at gmail.com
Wed Jan 19 18:52:18 EST 2005

On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 16:59:12 -0500, Sheeri Kritzer
<sheeri.kritzer at tufts.edu> wrote:
> Steve,
>
> I'm not sure why RT changed that in 3.2.2, it used to be that the bottom one was
> "top 10 tickets I requested".  We've actually changed that back for our group --
> top 10 unowned tickets would be great for our manager, but even then, many
> groups use RT.

Just create different ones and add them to the index.html form, you
don't need to sacrifice any.

Here's my way of doing different ones for different departments.

% # create an empty group obj
% #
% my $GroupObj = RT::Group->new( $session{ 'CurrentUser' } );
% #
% # Load the current user into a principal obj for group check
% #
% my $PrincipalObj = RT::Principal->new( $session{ 'CurrentUser' } );
% $PrincipalObj->Load( $session{ 'CurrentUser' }->id );
% #
% # Load the group for which you want to check membership
% #
% $GroupObj->LoadUserDefinedGroup( 'Network' );
% my $HasMemberNetwork = $GroupObj->HasMemberRecursively( $PrincipalObj );
% #
% # and again with a different var for the results
% #
% $GroupObj->LoadUserDefinedGroup( 'Sysops' );
% my $HasMemberSysops = $GroupObj->HasMemberRecursively( $PrincipalObj );
% #
% # Don't bother displaying the regular MyRequests for these folks
% #
% unless ( $HasMemberNetwork or $HasMemberSysops ) {
<& /Elements/MyRequests &>
<BR>
% }
% #
% # Display the custom ones based on the results of the group check
% #
% if ( $HasMemberNetwork ) {
<& /Elements/NetworkRequests &>
% }