[rt-users] Re: External Authentication: HowTo - Help needed.

Manfred Koroschetz mkoroschetz at tekvoice.com
Fri Jul 22 11:53:17 EDT 2005

Thank you for pointing me to .. Web.pm. Indeed it has the expected code.
Nevertheless and unfortunately it still does not work. I tried hardcoding my username (RT as per name field in user table) to check if it would work, but it definitely does not. I end up at the login screen with an empty (gray) box without a username / password input box. My understanding would be that I should get to the RT Homepage.

from ../web.pm

sub WebCanonicalizeInfo {
    my $user;

    if ( defined $ENV{'REMOTE_USER'} ) {
         $user = lc ( $ENV{'REMOTE_USER'} ) if( length($ENV{'REMOTE_USER'}) );
    }
    # For troubleshooting and Testing only
    $user = 'manfred';
    return $user;

I am on RT 3.4.2.

thank you in advance for any additional suggestions and steps to take to get it going.

Regards,

Manfred Koroschetz

Manfred Koroschetz wrote:
> Checking the code in ../share/html/autohandler, which may (should?) have
> some code like "$user = $ENV{'REMOTE_USER'}; " I can't find it nor can
> I figure out how it is supposed to read the  environment variable at all.

It's in lib/RT/Interface/Web.pm.
--

Be sure to check out the RT Wiki at http://wiki.bestpractical.com