[rt-users] No recipients found and erroneously blank actor fields

Russell Mosemann mose at ns.cune.edu
Fri Mar 4 17:00:32 EST 2005

On Fri, 4 Mar 2005, Duncan Hutty wrote:

> 1. As an actor replies to a ticket's requestor, should the section 'This
> message will be sent to' have usernames or email addresses?

Usernames (unless the username _is_ the email address).

> 2. Is there a config setting to allow the email address field for a new
> account to be generated from the (correctly parsed) email address of the
> requestor's message? Or should I customise RT using the ordinary overlay
> method? If so, then where should I start?

Non-privileged (a.k.a., disabled) accounts should automatically be created
from a new email message.  It should fill in 3 pieces of information, the
user name, the real name and the email address.  All 3 become the email
address if the real name cannot be determined from the email address.  I
thought this behavior was the default.  I scanned RT_Config.pm, and I
didn't see anything offhand that seemed to apply.

----
Russell Mosemann, Ph.D. * Computing Services * Concordia University, Nebraska
"There's never time to do it once, but there's always time to do it twice."