[rt-users] No recipients found and erroneously blank actor fields

Atom Powers APowers at PyramidBrew.com
Fri Mar 4 16:23:11 EST 2005

I just solved this problem on my systems; it was a combination of things, any
one of which could have caused this behavior.

I had changed the 'Requestors' field in the form to be 'DISABLED', so that
users couldn't put in an invalid address. (I changed it to 'TYPE=hidden' to
fix it.)

Using 'WebExternalAuto' to create accounts did/does not create their email
address; no email, no requestors.

----
Perfection is just a word I use occasionally with mustard.

Atom Powers
Systems Administrator
Pyramid Breweries Inc.
206.682.8322 x251
-----Original Message-----
From: rt-users-bounces at lists.bestpractical.com
[mailto:rt-users-bounces at lists.bestpractical.com] On Behalf Of Duncan Hutty
Sent: Friday, March 04, 2005 12:21 PM
To: rt-users at lists.bestpractical.com
Subject: [rt-users] No recipients found and erroneously blank actor fields

When I have a ticket up and hit reply, the 'update type' field defaults to
'reply to requestors' which seems right. The section that says 'This message
will be sent to' has no addresses in it. That seems wrong.
Shouldn't that pull from the ticket's requestors field? How can any record
not have a requestor?

This has serious repercussions. Apart from anything else it means that
*no* recipients are found for any outgoing messages, hence no emails are
sent.

The Actor has superuser rights, so it can't be a permissions problem, can it?

Any suggestions gratefully received.

RT-3.4.1, mod_perl, DBIx::SearchBuilder 1.22, apache 1.3.33, mysql 4.1.7 on
SuSE 9.0

--
Duncan Hutty
System Administrator, ECE