[rt-users] No recipients found and erroneously blank actor fields

Duncan Hutty dhutty+rt at ece.cmu.edu
Mon Mar 7 10:36:52 EST 2005

On 03/04/2005 04:23 PM, Atom Powers wrote:

> I just solved this problem on my systems; it was a combination of things, any
> one of which could have caused this behavior.
>
> I had changed the 'Requestors' field in the form to be 'DISABLED', so that
> users couldn't put in an invalid address. (I changed it to 'TYPE=hidden' to
> fix it.)
>
> Using 'WebExternalAuto' to create accounts did/does not create their email
> address; no email, no requestors.

The problem was that a couple of mail generated accounts did not contain
the email address from which they were sent (the EmailAddress was blank)
because there were already RT user accounts that contained their email
addresses.

Therefore the solution was to manually modify the rt3.Users table such
that all accounts have EmailAddress values.

It raises a couple of questions of course (why email uniqueness? and why
couldn't I see all accounts under Configuration>Users?) but I will
address these in other posts.

Thanks, all, for your suggestions.

--
Duncan Hutty